Hello there beautiful people!
For those of you who don’t know me just yet, name is Achieng Agutu and I am from Kenya. I am currently running to be a HSA representative for the Masters in International Marketing program. I thought it would be important to have you guys get to know me a little better. So here are a few things you should know about me. Let’s get to it :)
1. I am running for HSA because I am extremely excited about the possibility of us working together to create one of the best cohort experiences. Through on campus events, off campus excursions to get to know the city, creating new networks with other young professionals and discovering new cultures; we will be able create a space where we will have memories that will last us a lifetime! The world is our oyster and I am excited to finds ways that we can all experience it to its fullest potential.
2. My hope is that everyday we can all be the perfect balance of Beyoncé and Bill Nye the Science Guy. You know a leader, a trendsetter, an influencer, a mover, a shaker and an innovator!
3. One of my visions is to have a series of pop up events around campus that are focused on three main things: Career, Culture and Community. These events will be geared towards preparing every single one of you to be Global Citizens who are ready to go out into the world and make positive social change.
4. An event that I am really excited about hosting on campus is called “The Hult Experience: A Night in (Insert name of country here)” A curated event series with a main goal of embracing the beauty of the different cultures we have here at Hult through incorporating community, delicious food/bites and drinks, amazing music and great conversation. Each event would be focused on a different culture/country. I think there is a big importance in us learning about where we are from and how different things in our lives have made us who we are today.
5. One of my priorities it to make sure that everyones voices in our community are heard so that we are able to create a truly equitable space where collaboration, growth and learning can be fostered.
6. I truly believe that everyone in our cohort is here to make a difference. And I hope that in my leadership I am able to empower every single one of you to take those risks and those major leaps to achieve the goals that you have set out to do.
7. If I am not studying, hanging out with the awesome people in our community or exploring Boston, then I am probably working on one of my passions, my blog called No Ordinary Noire. Make sure to snoop around my blog on your way out:) I bet you will find some gems.
Thank you so much for taking your time to read through this. It definitely means the world to me. Don’t be afraid to reach out to me if you have any questions. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org .Or if you just want to grab coffee, I’d be more than happy to do that as well.
Let us create memorable experiences together!